When a business is targeting different countries across the globe for their marketing campaigns, Arabic localization services becomes a very important services. If your customers include Arabic-speaking customers they will only search for, find, and read your content if it is accurately Arabic localized content. There a few essential components needed for effectual Arabic localization process which include adapting the language’s appearance and functionality of a product or website for Arabic-speaking markets.
It is wise to choose a professional human translation services for an Arabic translation project since a lot of the business’s growth depends on how well the marketing is done. No one wants to loose potential customers just because of inaccurate Arabic localization. Arabic language translation can be quite challenging for Arabic-speaking localization professionals, majorly because there are a few Arabic-speaking linguists available. The Arabic language also has less number of instances of standardized practical terminology.
The only way to ensure Arabic consumer accessibility to your localized Arabic software, Arabic website, or Arabic documentation is to hire a qualified professional translation agency that has widespread expertise in the Arabic region. Make sure the agency you hire has native-Arabic language speakers to assign your localization project. These specialists should understand how to identify and resolve the many potential Arabic localization challenges.
The following table summarizes some common Arabic localization issues:
|Arabic Localization: Web site Issues||Arabic Localization Requirements|
|Bidirectional language||Enablement of right-to-left writing.|
|Color scheme||Inoffensive colors for example|
|Date, time, currency formats||Change to standard Arabic formats|
|E-commerce payments||Enable various payment methods such as bank transfers|
|Arabic Localization: Software Issues||Arabic Localization Requirements|
|Time-to-market||Translation memory tools help speed translation|
|High user expectations||Testers should be Arabic speakers|
|Arabic Localization: Documentation Issues||Arabic Localization Requirements|
|Text length||Accommodate possible text expansion/contraction|
|Printing Arabic fonts||Embed fonts in PDF file for printer|
Arabic Internationalization is the process of making back-end technologies to support Arabic language. Whereas localization is primarily just the front appearance from linguistic aspect, Arabic localization includes specific content according to locality, cultural correctness and design in terms of graphics.
Why internationalization must also be taken into account is to ensure that your Arabic-language application or Web site are as follows:
- Supports non-English characters and the direction difference of right-to-left writing system used in Arabic.
- Handles the different address, time, date, and numerical formats used in Arabic.
- Sorts based on Arabic language rules.
The process of Arabic internationalization may include the following four steps:
- Discovery– A preparation of Arabic internationalization and current inclination of the source Website or software application.
- Assessment– Review and analysis of the following:
- Source architecture and source code of Website or software application.
- Global marketing plans and requirements.
- Design, development and build processes.
- Implementation– Includes the following:
- Expressing text strings for ease of localization.
- Resolving any number issues like local currency, time, date, or numbers issues.
- If necessary, enabling characters or bidirectional writing.
- Preparing a localization kit.